Owners locker

Disdreaming479

Mouseketeer
Recently there was a discussion regarding owners locker and whether or not bell services was handling the OL as they had in the past. Has this been confirmed? Also- do the deliver/ pickup to universal resorts?

When we were there in late October, we got our lockers as easy as in the past. I hope they don’t change anything. We tip well to make it worthwhile for bell services. Hopefully everyone else does, too.

I had no issues with my OL during my Oct trip. They picked up and moved as requested. Always tip them nicely. I have not seen the Universal resorts in the list at OL, so I don't think they deliver there.

Recently there was a discussion regarding owners locker and whether or not bell services was handling the OL as they had in the past. Has this been confirmed? Also- do the deliver/ pickup to universal resorts?
Technically once they deliver your locker for the first time, that locker belongs to you, I can't imagine bell services refusing to handle YOUR luggage. I've heard the rumors but I think it was a few isolated instances. I think we would have heard more by now if it was new policy.

If you go to the OL web page under the "Features & Benefits" tab scroll down to "Pickup & Delivery" and you'll find a link to the hotels they deliver to, I don't see Universal on the list.

I have never had a problem with having my Owner's Locker delivered to a Disney-owned hotel. However, since I got my locker I have always stayed DVC. I can't speak to having them delivered to moderate or value hotels; I don't know how Bell Services works at those hotels.

I also have had my locker delivered to some of the hotels near the convention center with no problems.

They used to deliver to Universal hotels, but I don't think they do any more.

I have not heard of anyone not being able to get it. I think the discussion might have been a change as to whether Bell services would transfer it on a split stay....so far, no reports though that anyone has been denied that option.

No issues with our OL in late September when we went, worked like always. Unfortunately Universal won't allow this service at their hotels. A shame, I always comment about it in my post-stay surveys.

No issues just a couple of weeks ago. It was dropped off at Riviera and I had it transferred to BLT. It was held there while we were on our cruise and we had it delivered to our room once we got back. The only time I had an issue was when we stayed at a Universal hotel and I had to pick it up from the warehouse myself as Universal does not allow them to deliver to any of those hotels.

Another resort that does not allow OL is Marriott’s Grande Vista. As with the Universal hotels, the check in area just doesn’t have the volume of “back room” for storage. The OL became an issue there for storage waiting for the guest check-in as they became more popular so the hotels had to deny deliveries.

When we were there in late October, we got our lockers as easy as in the past. I hope they don’t change anything. We tip well to make it worthwhile for bell services. Hopefully everyone else does, too.
I had no issues with my OL during my Oct trip. They picked up and moved as requested. Always tip them nicely. I have not seen the Universal resorts in the list at OL, so I don't think they deliver there.
The issues people have been having have arisen in the past two or three weeks.

They deliver to something like 200+ hotels and resorts in the Orlando area. Unfortunately, Universal does not allow them to deliver to any of their hotels.

I also had no problems with my OL October 7-15 at Bay Lake Tower. Bell Services dropped it off to my room when I called for it (along with a grocery order). When checking out I just brought it down to Bell Services myself.

I have never had a problem with having my Owner's Locker delivered to a Disney-owned hotel. However, since I got my locker I have always stayed DVC. I can't speak to having them delivered to moderate or value hotels; I don't know how Bell Services works at those hotels.

I also have had my locker delivered to some of the hotels near the convention center with no problems.

They used to deliver to Universal hotels, but I don't think they do any more.
In addition to DVC, I successfully used an Owner's Locker at the Swan, with no problem. I am going to attempt to use it (for drop off only) at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek in 4 weeks, the hotel is listed on their website, fingers crossed that it works!

I have never had an issue with split stays, most recent in Sept. Will do another split in 2 weeks so will see then if anything has changed.

I always make sure I tell Bell services that I have an OL to pickup along with my other luggage.

Universal has been off the list since before I signed up, years ago. You can pick them up at the warehouse, it isn't a huge detour from the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter