Premier hotel, change # of guests in room

holyrita

DIS Veteran
Hello! We're planning a trip for this fall and are looking to book one night at a premier hotel for express passes. I know from experience the nightly rate increases once you book more than 2 adult guests. Currently we're not sure if we're a party of 2 or a party of 3 but want to book ASAP to lock in the current rate. From a rate/price-per-guest perspective.. does anyone know if it would be better to book the room initially for 2 guests, and if our other friend is available to come, add a third guest in advance (if possible?) or at check-in? Or would it be better to book for 3 guests up front and drop to 2 guests at check-in (also if possible?) if they're unable to make it?.

We've cancelled and rebooked to get a better rate in the past but have never had to change the number of guests in the room before so this is new to me. I'm not sure if changing the number of guests would reset the entire nightly rate or just adjust the price for the additional person based on the current rate. Any help is appreciated!!

Assuming you will be staying in the same room type either way, I would book it as 2. You can definitely modify the number of people online but I don't know if it would reset the rate (other than the 3rd adult charge). If it happens that you will be 3, I would try modifying online and see if it readjusts the rate or just adds the 3rd adult charge. If it readjusts the rate, just wait and add the 3rd at checkin.

Hello! We're planning a trip for this fall and are looking to book one night at a premier hotel for express passes. I know from experience the nightly rate increases once you book more than 2 adult guests. Currently we're not sure if we're a party of 2 or a party of 3 but want to book ASAP to lock in the current rate. From a rate/price-per-guest perspective.. does anyone know if it would be better to book the room initially for 2 guests, and if our other friend is available to come, add a third guest in advance (if possible?) or at check-in? Or would it be better to book for 3 guests up front and drop to 2 guests at check-in (also if possible?) if they're unable to make it?.

We've cancelled and rebooked to get a better rate in the past but have never had to change the number of guests in the room before so this is new to me. I'm not sure if changing the number of guests would reset the entire nightly rate or just adjust the price for the additional person based on the current rate. Any help is appreciated!!
I would just wait and add the extra guest at checkin if they come. In the past when I have done that it hasn't changed the base room rate, just added the extra adult fee. (And one time the desk agent waived the extra fee)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter