Parking for Top of the World Lounge

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
I am at BWV with my sister and brother-in-law. He has a bad hip and has a handicap car tag. We want to drive to Top of the World. Can we valet at Contemporary or is that not allowed? Also, how early would we need to be there? Would one hour before the fireworks be soon enough? We aren't doing any of the food packages. TIA

I am at BWV with my sister and brother-in-law. He has a bad hip and has a handicap car tag. We want to drive to Top of the World. Can we valet at Contemporary or is that not allowed? Also, how early would we need to be there? Would one hour before the fireworks be soon enough? We aren't doing any of the food packages. TIA
I don't think that's gonna fly. They only allow parking for hotel guests and guests with a dining reservation and they are SUPER strict at CR (it was the first resort to really crack down on parking). Since there are no "reservations" for a casual visit to TOTW, they likely won't let you park.

I’ll say “maybe” - they’re more liberal with valet parking, and vehicles with handicap tags get free valet parking, so you might be successful. Especially since you won’t be going near park opening time (although admittedly fireworks time is probably a tough time as well). I’d plan to arrive at least an hour before fireworks time, earlier if I could. And I’d have a backup plan too - if they won’t let you valet park, can you drop him off at BLT to wait in the lobby while you go park at TTC and ride the monorail around to CR?

I’ll say “maybe” - they’re more liberal with valet parking, and vehicles with handicap tags get free valet parking, so you might be successful. Especially since you won’t be going near park opening time (although admittedly fireworks time is probably a tough time as well). I’d plan to arrive at least an hour before fireworks time, earlier if I could. And I’d have a backup plan too - if they won’t let you valet park, can you drop him off at BLT to wait in the lobby while you go park at TTC and ride the monorail around to CR?
This is a good alternative. Thank you!

We have never had any trouble getting into Bay Lake for fireworks when staying at another hotel. We just say we are dvc members and want to go to Top of the World. We park at bay lake. We just did it last March again. I would definitely drop off at bay lake entrance, park and then go to elevator. The contemporary valet parking isn’t that close.

The TOTW page on the DVC website says that parking is permitted to access the lounge: "Complimentary parking for eligible Members begins at 5:00 PM, pending availability. Eligible Members must present a digital Member Card and photo ID at security to confirm accessibility."

We've done it at least once within the past year. Told the guard we were DVC members there for TOTW and he waved us right in.

The TOTW page on the DVC website says that parking is permitted to access the lounge: "Complimentary parking for eligible Members begins at 5:00 PM, pending availability. Eligible Members must present a digital Member Card and photo ID at security to confirm accessibility."

We've done it at least once within the past year. Told the guard we were DVC members there for TOTW and he waved us right in.
We've done this twice in the last year. They were pretty strict on the 5:00. We had to drive a few minutes after we were turned away about 5 minutes before one night. We also had to show proof of DVC membership. I know at least once they also checked to ensure we were staying at a DVC resort on points. Your experience may vary depending on who the guard is that's on duty.

The elevator to the lounge is not unlocked until 6:00, so if you get there at 5:00 you'll need to find something to do for an hour.

We really enjoyed the "Seven-Lair Cake" as well as "The Lion's Uncle" drink (orange sherbet, Sprite, and grenadine) while we waited in the lounge for fireworks to start. It makes for a very relaxing evening.

20240211_192258.jpg20240211_181801.jpg

Wow! Thanks for this info. I had no idea.

We've done this twice in the last year. They were pretty strict on the 5:00. We had to drive a few minutes after we were turned away about 5 minutes before one night. We also had to show proof of DVC membership. I know at least once they also checked to ensure we were staying at a DVC resort on points. Your experience may vary depending on who the guard is that's on duty.

The elevator to the lounge is not unlocked until 6:00, so if you get there at 5:00 you'll need to find something to do for an hour.

We really enjoyed the "Seven-Lair Cake" as well as "The Lion's Uncle" drink (orange sherbet, Sprite, and grenadine) while we waited in the lounge for fireworks to start. It makes for a very relaxing evening.

View attachment 860988View attachment 860987
Great tips. We'll have our magic bands and phones for the security guard to check membership and hotel. Fireworks don't start until 9:20, I think, so we won't be getting too early. THANK YOU!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter