Park reservations using an inactive annual pass

jockdog

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We purchased AP’s back in August last year. I understand that they will expire if not activated one year from date of purchase. We will activate when we start our vacation in August this year.

However, the reservation system won’t let us make park reservations after the non-activation expiry date - even though they will be activated prior to this date.

I have emailed Disney, but wondered if anyone else has had this issue?

Thanks

I’d try calling the AP member services. I bought my AP in April of last year (when park reservations were required for all) and was able to make reservations as soon as I bought my pass. I didn’t activate until Sept.

Yeah, I will do that.

I can make reservations up to the date which is one year from purchase.

Yeah, I will do that.

I can make reservations up to the date which is one year from purchase.
The AP line may be able to help. It’s cutting you off 1-year from purchase because until activated it expires then, so at the moment it is not a valid ticket after that date. Sometimes the AP line can put in placeholder reservations, otherwise you will need to make the rest of your reservations after arriving.

I will call later today.

The AP T’s&C’s state that reservations can be made in anticipation that the passes are activated. But that’s evidently not true as we can activate them anytime prior to the one year purchase expiry date, so should still be able to make our reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter