"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

In 2022, we had to leave early and missed a party due to Hurricane Ian coming in. The party was not cancelled but Ian hit the next day and my family didn't feel comfortable staying in Orlando. So we went home early. I bought our tickets from Undercover Tourist and they gave me a 95% refund. I called them when we were driving home. I buy all of my theme park tickets from UT - Universal, Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Disney.

awesome! I think I will go with them. They are about $10 cheaper and that 95% refund is just an amazing policy!

I bought tickets through Shades of Green. The offer is $2 discount ($119 tickets sold for $117), but no tax or fees are added. When I filled out their form, a $15 service fee automatically populated, but since they no longer mail hard tickets, that fee was removed when they called me back to pay for the tickets. Compared to purchasing through Disney, I saved $78 on 8 tickets (4 on 8/13, 4 on 8/16)

I bought tickets through Shades of Green. The offer is $2 discount ($119 tickets sold for $117), but no tax or fees are added. When I filled out their form, a $15 service fee automatically populated, but since they no longer mail hard tickets, that fee was removed when they called me back to pay for the tickets. Compared to purchasing through Disney, I saved $78 on 8 tickets (4 on 8/13, 4 on 8/16)
Thank you for the update!

So the day im going would be 137.xx with taxes if bought through disney (129 base). AAA charging 116.10 but with taxes fees jumps to 130.xx. So savings of $7.00 . Not sure what would happen if buying multiple. For that i will get the BJs disney GC for basically the same discount. AAA is not out to get you so policy looked ok, but this makes sense with the GC for me.
The higher priced 179 ticket seems to yield a $10 discount after taxes.
It also looks as if they are actually adding the dates now since each time i refresh they have more dates. At first mine wasnt listed, but then was.

This is the pricing I’m seeing for all my options on October 4th - 2 adults and 2 kids

Disney - $783.86
AAA - $745.22
UT - $747.78
Perkspot - $748.16

I think UT is the best deal because of their refund policy, even though I could probably force a better price with Disney gift cards.

Last edited:
This is the pricing I’m seeing for all my options on October 14th - 2 adults and 2 kids

Disney - $783.86
AAA - $745.22
UT - $747.78
Perkspot - $748.16

I think UT is the best deal because of their refund policy, even though I could probably force a better price with Disney gift cards.
This is super helpful; thank you for sharing! I think that's the route we'll go, too. It's worth it to pay $2 more than the AAA price for the potential refund that UT offers. With it being peak hurricane season when we're there, that's a nice little reassurance.

I did try to read back but didn't see an exact answer... Does anyone know when MK starts sending party guests through the party entrance? Last year we THOUGHT we were getting there early and ended up in a line out front of entrance for over an hour in the sun, and we had left POP at 3. We do have park hoppers so we could in theory enter the park anytime but what's the latest we can arrive and still go through main entrance? Basically I wanna rest as much as possible, but avoid the line in the sun 😂

I did try to read back but didn't see an exact answer... Does anyone know when MK starts sending party guests through the party entrance? Last year we THOUGHT we were getting there early and ended up in a line out front of entrance for over an hour in the sun, and we had left POP at 3. We do have park hoppers so we could in theory enter the park anytime but what's the latest we can arrive and still go through main entrance? Basically I wanna rest as much as possible, but avoid the line in the sun 😂
If you have park hopper tickets and have already entered a park, you can always use the main entrance and then go elsewhere in the park to get your wristband but there will be lines there too.

The party entrance lines will ebb and flow all evening so there's no real 'sweet spot' about when to arrive. Between 5:00 and 6:00 is probably a bit more likely to have shorter lines but there's no guarantee. It will change day to day, minute to minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter