Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see just under $200/pt WITH Magical Beginnings (and perhaps a higher value on MB for PVB points to make it work) somewhere around 250 points. Has anybody made a pricing speculation poll yet? There should be one poll for straight price point, a poll for 150 points and a poll for 200-300 points.

For sticker price I would propose:
- under $200
- 200-219
- 220-239
- 240-259
- 260 +

For 150 it should be without magical beginnings
- under $180
- 180- 199
- 200-219
- 220-239
- 240-259

Same for 200-300 (without magical beginnings), maybe adding a $160-180 tier for the dreamers?
- under $180
- 180- 199
- 200-219
- 220-239
- 240-259

My own guess is sticker price commensurate with VDH (239?) plus, 200 points and above will be slightly below $200/pt WITH all incentives and magical beginnings for the psychological factor.

I think it starts at $239 base and with purchases of 300 or more and with MB of 2024 points, it could move below $200.

For $150, I predict, with MB, $199. The only thing that might help lower it is the 40 year contract and they decide to incentivize more.

From what many have said, this is going to be popular so DVD may not price it on the lower end until they have to.

I think it starts at $239 base and with purchases of 300 or more and with MB of 2024 points, it could move below $200.

For $150, I predict, with MB, $199. The only thing that might help lower it is the 40 year contract and they decide to incentivize more.

From what many have said, this is going to be popular so DVD may not price it on the lower end until they have to.
We are thinking alike. If the Tower point chart is reasonable/friendly, I think it could start even higher than that—there is a sizable chunk of people who will be willing to pay $200+ (after incentives) and you can imagine that Disney would rather collect money from those people at higher prices before eventually putting some points on flash sale promotions over the next year or two, especially now that Disney has defeated the proxy battle, it doesn’t have to worry (as much) about criticism over a slow sales start. Maybe a very short limited opening promotion for existing owners dipping below $200, followed by VDH-like pricing for several months, and then they re-evaluate how sales are moving next year?

Hi,
I would like to ask your opinion .. when I bought resale, I placed all the points on my daughter’s name, she now holds Saratoga 100 pts, and poly 150 pts all Aug use year.

Im interested to buy direct 150 points on both our names as our schedules are going to become diverse. We also learned to enjoy 1 br villas from studios.

I usually travel end April, end Oct, while she can no longer predict her scheds as she starts working. Target 4N stay per home resort, total 8N per year, max every 2 years.

We like both our home resorts. Do u recommend us getting direct for Poly 2?, I’m hoping for a below 200 price point.

Our guide is offering us OKW at a 160 per point.

Will having direct poly points matter in the future?

Wondering how many rooms/points will be declared initially?

I believe Disney made the latest declaration for RIV when it was around 58% sold. That declaration brought it to 75.4% declared.

If tower is 4 million points matching bungalows+longhouses, total would be 8 million point for the resort. Would Disney declare 30% of the tower? That would make it 49% (Disney had to own 2% of orig PVB) sold and 65% of entire association declared.

For comparison, RIV today was 63% sold after March sales data to 75% declared. RIV today is probably 65-67% sold.

Hi,
I would like to ask your opinion .. when I bought resale, I placed all the points on my daughter’s name, she now holds Saratoga 100 pts, and poly 150 pts all Aug use year.

Im interested to buy direct 150 points on both our names as our schedules are going to become diverse. We also learned to enjoy 1 br villas from studios.

I usually travel end April, end Oct, while she can no longer predict her scheds as she starts working. Target 4N stay per home resort, total 8N per year, max every 2 years.

We like both our home resorts. Do u recommend us getting direct for Poly 2?, I’m hoping for a below 200 price point.

I don't know exactly how this works but unless the name matches exactly on the deed, this will be an entirely different membership. It will make a difference when and how you use points. Not sure if you're aware of this. Perhaps pose it as a different thread if you need more info.

Nobody knows the price of Poly 2. Those OKW prices are super tempting. Not sure about the dues there, though. Depends how you intend to use the points. Direct points that you purchase can all be used in the same way with exception of home resort privilege. Do you like OKW?

I believe Disney made the latest declaration for RIV when it was around 58% sold. That declaration brought it to 75.4% declared.

If tower is 4 million points matching bungalows+longhouses, total would be 8 million point for the resort. Would Disney declare 30% of the tower? That would make it 49% (Disney had to own 2% of orig PVB) sold and 65% of entire association declared.

For comparison, RIV today was 63% sold after March sales data to 75% declared. RIV today is probably 65-67% sold.
I could be wrong, but I think this is correct? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would look back at the initial declarations of new resorts, and go from there. The 2% that DVD must keep only comes into play at the end….they simply can only sell 98% of the total points…so as long as there are still points left to declare, they don’t have to keep some back against what is…but they always declare points well before they get that close.

I would not even use the current PVB as part of what they might do…IMO, they will base it on how many points they project they might sell in thr first few months of sales…if they think they can sell 150K sales for months 1 to 3, then I think that is what they will use to decide initial…but I guess we will see.

Hi,

If you are now buying with your name as well, this is going. To be a new membership. You won’t be able to use the current points and these new points together for a single reservation without transferring.

I think it all depends on if you want more points to use during the Poly home resort period….if you do, wait for Poly tower points. But, if you find you may be booking on shorter notice, then the OKW deal is a pretty good one for direct points.

Hi,

I have a similar structure. My initual purchase was is me + my dad. I bought last year with my husband in the same UY. 2 different memberships so can’t combine points. It does work. I’ll make a reservation for 3 nights with Membership 1 and the remaining night(s) with membership 2. I don’t bother transferring. I’ll ask that the 2 reservations be treated as a continuous stay.

If you will be traveling in August then an October UY isn’t ideal. Since you will have a separate membership have you thought about a second UY?

I don't know exactly how this works but unless the name matches exactly on the deed, this will be an entirely different membership. It will make a difference when and how you use points. Not sure if you're aware of this. Perhaps pose it as a different thread if you need more info.

Nobody knows the price of Poly 2. Those OKW prices are super tempting. Not sure about the dues there, though. Depends how you intend to use the points. Direct points that you purchase can all be used in the same way with exception of home resort privilege. Do you like OKW?
I haven’t stayed in OKW yet, so I can’t say wether I like it or not.

Thanks for letting me know that this will a totally new membership and cannot be combined with what my daughter has in her name.

I really have to think this through

I have a similar structure. My initual purchase was is me + my dad. I bought last year with my husband in the same UY. 2 different memberships so can’t combine points. It does work. I’ll make a reservation for 3 nights with Membership 1 and the remaining night(s) with membership 2. I don’t bother transferring. I’ll ask that the 2 reservations be treated as a continuous stay.

If you will be traveling in August then an October UY isn’t ideal. Since you will have a separate membership have you thought about a second UY?
Hi, thanks.. got you re how to book using 2 memberships, the math on number of points need to be close to accurate so I will need to think this through.

My travels will be end April, early May or end Oct early Nov. What would be an ideal use year?

My daughter however, will not be able to plan her vacations well in advance, either she joins me on the fly, or Saratoga and Poly resale works for whatever will be available to her.

Thanks for your reply, OKW dues quite pricey at 9. 87 per point
Magical beginnings up to 20 per point is also offered.

We do this frequently with my in-laws who also have a membership that my wife is on. Both show up in our account, but we can't combine points even though they are the same UY and she is on both because it is 2 different memberships. We just ask Member services to add a note to the reservations and they have always combined them into a continuous stay (needs to be same room type for the reservations). The only thing I've noticed is that when we setup separate charge accounts for magic bands, we need to stop by the front desk and do this a 2nd time when the other reservation kicks in. Also, 60 day dining window is not continuous between the 2 reservations and member services was not able to work around this when we called recently (they used to be able to back when it was 180 days if you called but Disney stopped allowing them to do this over COVID for some reason).

I would look back at the initial declarations of new resorts, and go from there. The 2% that DVD must keep only comes into play at the end….they simply can only sell 98% of the total points…so as long as there are still points left to declare, they don’t have to keep some back against what is…but they always declare points well before they get that close.
Since PVB is currently at the end, doesn’t DVD have to own 2% until tower is added to the association? The day they add tower, wouldn’t that be the day they could sell the 2% (roughly 80k)?

I would not even use the current PVB as part of what they might do…IMO, they will base it on how many points they project they might sell in thr first few months of sales…if they think they can sell 150K sales for months 1 to 3, then I think that is what they will use to decide initial…but I guess we will see.

Wow, just found dvcnews story on BPK first declaration. https://www.dvcnews.com/resorts/gra...oridian-units-declared-into-condo-association

Also, once tower is added and bookings start, doesn’t available room count for booking drastically change? Currently 360 longhouse studios and 20 bungalows can be booked. Those are the points for existing PVB.

If they declared 800k points (which I think is close to VGF BPK initial declaration), it would be roughly 60% of the entire PVB+tower association. My understanding is Disney can now allow 60% of all points to be booked. It is not 100% of longhouse+bungalow and 800k points of tower rooms. (I am wording it poorly, but hopefully people understand what I mean about room availability drastically changing the day booking opens for the new declaration).

Hi, thanks.. got you re how to book using 2 memberships, the math on number of points need to be close to accurate so I will need to think this through.

My travels will be end April, early May or end Oct early Nov. What would be an ideal use year?

My daughter however, will not be able to plan her vacations well in advance, either she joins me on the fly, or Saratoga and Poly resale works for whatever will be available to her.
An October UY should cover all your travel periods quite nicely!

If they declared 800k points
They don’t declare “points.” Assuming the tower enters the PVB condominium association the same way as in the past (and isn’t part of the trust, which might change things), they will declare certain specified Residential Units (actual villas) into the condominium association, and those RUs will be represented by a certain number of points. So the RUs for the longhouses and bungalows have already been declared, and their availability won’t be affected by any declaration of new RUs that happen to be located in the tower.

Note that RUs vary from resort to resort. BPK comprises two RUs in the VGF condo association, each one containing 101 villas. My two contracts at BWV come from different RUs, one of which is comprised of 7 dedicated studios and 1 dedicated 1BR and the other of 1 dedicated studio and 1 dedicated 1BR. IOW, there’s no consistent pattern, at least in the older resorts, meaning it’s unpredictable what tower villas might be declared at any given time. You might want to look at the VDH thread to see how those declarations have played out.

Last edited:
They don’t declare “points.” Assuming the tower enters the PVB condominium association the same way as in the past (and isn’t part of the trust, which might change things), they will declare certain specified Residential Units (actual villas) into the condominium association, and those RUs will be represented by a certain number of points. So the RUs for the longhouses and bungalows have already been declared, and their availability won’t be affected by any declaration of new RUs that happen to be located in the tower.

Note that RUs vary from resort to resort. BPK comprises two RUs in the VGF condo association, each one containing 101 villas. My two contracts at BWV come from different RUs, one of which is comprised of 7 dedicated studios and 1 dedicated 1BR and the other of 1 dedicated studio and 1 dedicated 1BR. IOW, there’s no consistent pattern, at least in the older resorts, meaning it’s unpredictable what tower villas might be declared at any given time. You might want to look at the VDH thread to see how those declarations have played out.
Thanks. Don’t declarations consist of many units? (They used to, but perhaps DVD changed things)

It is my understanding that units declared do not reflect the specific units that can be booked. Isn’t it the percentage of points declared for the entire resort that determines the percentage of rooms?

Or is it based on room types? For example, if they only declare GVs for the initial declaration, would GVs be the only tower rooms available for DVC bookings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter