Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2025

nekonekoneko

(=^・^=)
I said in the 2024 thread that this might be my last hurrah for runDisney. Apparently, my DW is not done yet! Her times have gotten better and better as 2023 progressed, and improved her half marathon time by about 20 minutes at Disneyland. So she's in for one more (yes, we're 1 and done failures)

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2025
January 30 - February 2, 2025

Registration Dates
Club runDisney registration: June 11, 2024
General registration: June 18, 2024
Virtual registration: ?
All registrations open at 10:00 AM EST / 7:00 AM PST

Race Dates and Prices:
Disneyland Yoga:
January 30, 2025
5k: January 31, 2025
10k: February 1, 2025
Kids Races: February 1, 2025
Half Marathon: February 2, 2025
Dumbo Double Dare: February 1-2, 2025
All prices should include the 6.6% platform service fee
(dates are just forwarded from last year)

Information on the Coast to Coast Challenge

and

Official Website

are still showing the 2024 offerings. As they get updated, the websites will be added above.​

Last edited:
Happy to see this thread was already created! 😆

We’re in for sure! We have our VGC reservation secured and will grab the challenge during club rD registration. The tricky part will be getting our youngest registered for everything plus us for the 5K since it’s our travel day home back to So Cal from our Father’s Day/hopeful Tiana’s AP preview WDW trip 😵😵‍💫

Has anyone ever registered using SWA WiFi???🤔

mmm here I am again.... I don't love the themes... but will have to figure it out if I want to register either way... decisions...

(I didn't love Halloween either and didn't sign up, but FOMO has been so strong! i have turned on and off to the telegram updates sooo many times... )

Hoping to get into the 5k and 10k! It'll be the weekend after my birthday, so I'll run and celebrate everything after!

This definitely feels like an appeal to people who were asking about bringing back Star Wars and Avengers weekends. They brought them both back!!!.... sorta.
I had the same exact thought. I don't think the majority of those people are going to be particularly thrilled about the compromise. Lol.

I'm out for this weekend but it's always fun to follow along with these threads!

I had the same exact thought. I don't think the majority of those people are going to be particularly thrilled about the compromise. Lol.

I'm out for this weekend but it's always fun to follow along with these threads!
Honestly? As someone who had signed up for Rival Run 2020 if I didn't do DL 2024 I'd be into this. With the way Springtime Surprise was going, I didn't really have any expectation that they'd do a full SW weekend again, I thought that at best we'd get one race.

That said... I DID do DL 2024, I'm doing MW 2025, and I'm ok with taking a break from DL next year. But I'm hopeful that they do a good job with Marvel and Star Wars characters on the courses.

I just realized that rD has gone the disjointed themes route a few times now. Last year, Wine and Dine had choices that had a very thin thread on the theme. Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Encanto, and Figment have what in common, exactly?

Springtime already did the Adventure theme, and yet those movies aren't really related either. Peter Pan, Up, Lion King, and Lilo and Stitch.

Now these choices, doing Adventure again. If they wanted Adventureland, then do something for all 4 classic lands at DL. With yoga and kids races, you could add in Star Wars and DCA somehow.

I just realized that rD has gone the disjointed themes route a few times now. Last year, Wine and Dine had choices that had a very thin thread on the theme. Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Encanto, and Figment have what in common, exactly?
The overarching theme was “banquet bash” so mad tea party, be our guest, madrigal family dinner & figments open house was the cohesion (the year before had a music/culture “theme” with coco, raya, soul and Aladdin)
Springtime already did the Adventure theme, and yet those movies aren't really related either. Peter Pan, Up, Lion King, and Lilo and Stitch.
It was “passport to adventure” so neverland, paradise falls, pride lands and Hawaii were stamps in the initial key art

I'm very, very VERY disappointed in the themes.

I've been very excited to plan for DL 2025. This has definitely tempered my feelings quite a bit.

If they wanted to go Avengers for 5K, great! But make it Captain America. But, Groot? Mehhhhh. I don't really want a Groot medal.

And Star Wars for 10K? Great, I'm all for it. But, it should be one of the core characters.

Seriously weighing what we want to do. If we don't do it this year, there's a good chance we may never get out there to do it. Or, it will be 10+ years from now.

But, I really hate the theming.

I'm very, very VERY disappointed in the themes.

I've been very excited to plan for DL 2025. This has definitely tempered my feelings quite a bit.

If they wanted to go Avengers for 5K, great! But make it Captain America. But, Groot? Mehhhhh. I don't really want a Groot medal.

And Star Wars for 10K? Great, I'm all for it. But, it should be one of the core characters.

Seriously weighing what we want to do. If we don't do it this year, there's a good chance we may never get out there to do it. Or, it will be 10+ years from now.

But, I really hate the theming.
I kinda get it, there are only 2 race weekends set up for Anaheim vs the 4 in Orlando. So if they want to get more brands in, they have to do this kind of mash up.

But I'm still not a real huge fan of it. I liked the retro theming from this year. I liked having all the medals from the weekends being all the core IP.

Going from Groot to Ahsoka to Mickey just seems very disjointed.

I kinda get it, there are only 2 race weekends set up for Anaheim vs the 4 in Orlando. So if they want to get more brands in, they have to do this kind of mash up.

But I'm still not a real huge fan of it. I liked the retro theming from this year. I liked having all the medals from the weekends being all the core IP.

Going from Groot to Ahsoka to Mickey just seems very disjointed.

Right....that said...I feel they can get the brands in, meanwhile appealing to a much broader audience.

Now, if you have a specifically Star Wars or specifically MCU race weekend- sure, it makes sense and is perfectly fine to use a variety of characters, even and especially the more niche ones.

But, I feel like....for a general race weekend, it makes more sense to go for core characters with broader appeal.

With Web Slingers being the newest ride, it seems like a bit of a miss to not use Spidey, instead of going with Groot.

But I'm hopeful that they do a good job with Marvel and Star Wars characters on the courses.
They certainly can't do a worse job, considering they had zero Marvel or Star Wars characters out for photos during the January races despite all three courses running through Marvel Campus and Galaxy's Edge. After all the complaints, they tossed us a bone with Chewy and Rey up on a platform in GE during the half, but yelled at anyone who tried to stop and snap a pic or selfie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter