DCL transportation from MCO Hyatt

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
We just booked a last minute cruise on the Wish for next month. Haven't cruised since 2018 when we stayed at MCO Hyatt and booked DCL transportation from the airport. Now I see some mentioning transportation from Hyatt lobby. How does this work? We booked through Dreams but haven't added transportation yet. I remember before we when we booked from the airport we got there really early and were on the first bus out, and in the terminal before it opened to arrivals outside of the DCL buses, which was really nice. Does it still work that way? And what time do DCL buses leave from the Hyatt lobby? Thanks!

We just did this last month - the morning of your departure, you’ll follow signs from the lobby to a conference room where you’ll check in for the DCL transportation. The line started early, we got there around 8:15 am and it was about a 30 minute wait to check in. At that point, we were assigned to the 10:20 bus departure. Busses start leaving as early as 9 am and are scheduled to leave every 20 minutes. If you want to be on the first bus, you’ll definitely want to get in line early! The busses leave from the ground level of the hotel (Porte cochere?), you’ll take a special elevator to get down there.

We just did this last month - the morning of your departure, you’ll follow signs from the lobby to a conference room where you’ll check in for the DCL transportation. The line started early, we got there around 8:15 am and it was about a 30 minute wait to check in. At that point, we were assigned to the 10:20 bus departure. Busses start leaving as early as 9 am and are scheduled to leave every 20 minutes. If you want to be on the first bus, you’ll definitely want to get in line early! The busses leave from the ground level of the hotel (Porte cochere?), you’ll take a special elevator to get down there.
Thanks for that info! When you get in line to check in does everyone have to be there or can one person check everyone in? We have two staterooms each with two adults. Wondering if I can check everyone in or if we all need to be there.

I think everyone has to physically be there for the check in, but if the line is long, one person can stand in the line until you get close to the check in desks.

Last we did it, one person could check in for the whole room. Also, you’ll want your transport to say you’re being picked up at the Hyatt. Otherwise, you’ll have to go down to the airport pick up location on Level 1 Side B of the airport.

Have utilized this service for last 8 cruises out of Florida. Works like a charm. Very smooth. DH and I are generally so excited we are down in the check in area before DCL even sets up - sipping on our Starbucks and dreaming about the fun to come. Bon voyage!

Have utilized this service for last 8 cruises out of Florida. Works like a charm. Very smooth. DH and I are generally so excited we are down in the check in area before DCL even sets up - sipping on our Starbucks and dreaming about the fun to come. Bon voyage!
That sounds great! We really want to get there early because it’s my DIL’s first cruise and it’s just a 3 night so we would like to get on the ship as early as possible. What time would you recommend we go to the lobby to try to get on the first bus?- and is this for pick up at Hyatt?

That sounds great! We really want to get there early because it’s my DIL’s first cruise and it’s just a 3 night so we would like to get on the ship as early as possible. What time would you recommend we go to the lobby to try to get on the first bus?- and is this for pick up at Hyatt?

I will have to ask my DH re exact time, but we are generally first ones down there so I am guessing we get down in the pick-up area by 8:30. I will confirm and get back to you. We always stay the night before at the Hyatt, so yes, this is for pick-up at Hyatt. (You may not need to get down to pick-up area as early as we do...we're just a couple of over-excited DCL cruiser nerds! Also, we are able to get on ship early because we are concierge.)

I will have to ask my DH re exact time, but we are generally first ones down there so I am guessing we get down in the pick-up area by 8:30. I will confirm and get back to you. We always stay the night before at the Hyatt, so yes, this is for pick-up at Hyatt. (You may not need to get down to pick-up area as early as we do...we're just a couple of over-excited DCL cruiser nerds! Also, we are able to get on ship early because we are concierge.)
Thanks so much! We are over-excited as well haha! Mainly want to get DIL on ship as early as possible because it’s her first cruise and it’s only 3 nights. She’s expecting now so once they have the baby they won’t be cruising for a while I’m guessing.

Very useful info here - we want to get on the latest bus possible so that we don't have to get up early or wander around the ship with bags for a long time. For those who've done this recently, did the front desk give you the info when you checked in about timing (to check in and for the buses) and location?

Very useful info here - we want to get on the latest bus possible so that we don't have to get up early or wander around the ship with bags for a long time. For those who've done this recently, did the front desk give you the info when you checked in about timing (to check in and for the buses) and location?
Always stay at Hyatt mco but we use the DCL transportation from the airport. We sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast, go back to room and finish getting things ready to go and then make our way down to the DCL check in. Never waited long for a bus. I’m not for sure when the last bus leaves. We try to aim for somewhere between 11 and noon.
By the time we get to terminal and on the ship we have lunch and the cabins are usually ready.
We like not having a set time to check in and then wait for the bus, I think it’s much easier the airport way than it is the Hyatt way.

Did something specific happen? We have Hyatt transportation booked but I'm second guessing it.
It's nothing to be concerned about. We prefer to arrive later at the port but booking the DCL shuttle from the Hyatt (as opposed to the airport) apparently goes earlier than it used to and goes directly from the hotel rather than going down to the airport. Next time, we'll take our time and catch it at the airport so we're not tied into an early schedule.

In April we saw people sitting all over the place waiting for the bus from the Hyatt. We had a leisurely breakfast and when we came out of the restaurant they were all still sitting there waiting. That is one of the reasons we do transfers from the airport, it’s on your own schedule.

I found this thread very helpful so wanted to describe my experience when departing back on April 12th.

We did not book through DCL, but the porters still brought our bags to the bus transportation. We left a few dollars on the luggage which hopefully they received.

We are silver and were told check-in would start at 9:30.

For our cruise, they had people wait in a ballroom to the left of the lobby if you are facing the main registration desk.

At 9:15, they told Silver members to line up within the ballroom. The line wrapped around the interior perimeter of the wall.

They started Silver check-in promptly at 9:30.

After you check-in, you then have to find your character's bus line. This was more chaotic. Because at any given time, people could be holding 3 different character cards, but they weren't really clear on what order or when a character would be called.

We waited in a quasi-line for an hour before our bus character was called.

We were on the bus at 10:50 am and arrived by 11:40.

We had different boarding numbers for our 2 staterooms. When we got to the port, our boarding number didn't matter. The sign said anyone with a #1-6 could board.

Hope this helps someone in the future!

I found this thread very helpful so wanted to describe my experience when departing back on April 12th.

We did not book through DCL, but the porters still brought our bags to the bus transportation. We left a few dollars on the luggage which hopefully they received.

We are silver and were told check-in would start at 9:30.

For our cruise, they had people wait in a ballroom to the left of the lobby if you are facing the main registration desk.

At 9:15, they told Silver members to line up within the ballroom. The line wrapped around the interior perimeter of the wall.

They started Silver check-in promptly at 9:30.

After you check-in, you then have to find your character's bus line. This was more chaotic. Because at any given time, people could be holding 3 different character cards, but they weren't really clear on what order or when a character would be called.

We waited in a quasi-line for an hour before our bus character was called.

We were on the bus at 10:50 am and arrived by 11:40.

We had different boarding numbers for our 2 staterooms. When we got to the port, our boarding number didn't matter. The sign said anyone with a #1-6 could board.

Hope this helps someone in the future!
It does help - but maybe not in a way to convince me to use this system (not a slight against you - so glad you shared).

But we used the bus from Hyatt for the first time last September and did not have those types of waits. We did not rush to get an assigned bus (there was no priority based in CC level then).

This will be useful when making plans for future cruises.

In the past we have rented a car (used it for the full day before embarking) and drove ourselves to the port. We might be cruising in November to visit my DD who is crew. If we end up going on the cruise it's likely that we will be flying in late the night before, so rental car not needed. We will need to get to the port as early as possible on embark day....DD will have some free time that morning to spend with us. I have thought that staying at the Hyatt might be the way to go but did not know there were two bus options. If I understand what everyone has said....we can get on the earliest possible buses booking ourselves as an airport pick up rather than Hyatt pick up?

In the past we have rented a car (used it for the full day before embarking) and drove ourselves to the port. We might be cruising in November to visit my DD who is crew. If we end up going on the cruise it's likely that we will be flying in late the night before, so rental car not needed. We will need to get to the port as early as possible on embark day....DD will have some free time that morning to spend with us. I have thought that staying at the Hyatt might be the way to go but did not know there were two bus options. If I understand what everyone has said....we can get on the earliest possible buses booking ourselves as an airport pick up rather than Hyatt pick up?
It will depend on your Castaway Club status or Concierge for the Hyatt bus.

May I ask, do you have a way/ place to meet your daughter at the ship other than standing outside or sitting on a bench.

Wondering if a one-way car rental wouldn’t be a better option. None of the buses are going to get you there much before the 10:15 garage opening, I imagine.

In a December post, the first buses from MCO (not Hyatt guests) was at 10 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter