Coffee pots in GFV - studio

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Long time DVC but first stay at GFV. Must have coffee in AM but not a Keurig fan. Are there coffeemakers in GFV studios? If not, can I request one?

One of the benefits of DVC is that the villas including studios have real drip coffee pots. The studios may have 4-cup or 12-cup size; you can request the larger one if needed. DVC provides pods of coffee grounds (Joffrey), but we bring our own plus filters. Filters used to be flat bottom, now some villas need flat and some need cone, so we bring both. Some villas have the newer combo drip + Keurig pots!

Thanks. All I ask is one GOOD cup in the AM. Always bring both flat & cone filters. Reluctantly, I have agreed with DH & leave my bean grinder home, but still grind my stash just before we leave.

Recently we’ve stayed in villas that have both the K cups and a regular pot on the same machine. The pot side uses the basket filters.

Recently we’ve stayed in villas that have both the K cups and a regular pot on the same machine. The pot side uses the basket filters.
I've got a "beginner's" question about that. Hopefully, our situation is the reason for these type of machines. Can you make coffee both the regular filter way and also with K cups on the same machine? I don't drink caffeinated coffee, only decaf. DH, however, brings his bag of Starbucks French Roast. So if I bring my HEB San Antonio Decaf K-Pods, can we each have the coffee we drink in the morning?

I've got a "beginner's" question about that. Hopefully, our situation is the reason for these type of machines. Can you make coffee both the regular filter way and also with K cups on the same machine? I don't drink caffeinated coffee, only decaf. DH, however, brings his bag of Starbucks French Roast. So if I bring my HEB San Antonio Decaf K-Pods, can we each have the coffee we drink in the morning?
On the dual machines, yes, but not at the same time, of course. I’d say probably do the drip pot first, then the k-cup so y’all can drink your coffee together.

For anyone reading this, note that not all DVC resorts have the dual coffee makers. They seem to be rolling them out gradually.

The resort studios at VGF have a different coffee maker. We didn’t really like it. Coffee was very weak.

Long time DVC but first stay at GFV. Must have coffee in AM but not a Keurig fan. Are there coffeemakers in GFV studios? If not, can I request one?

Are you staying in a resort studio or deluxe studio? We were in a deluxe studio a couple weeks ago at VGF, and it was just a Keurig.

We just had a original studio and it was kcup only

Are you staying in a resort studio or deluxe studio? We were in a deluxe studio a couple weeks ago at VGF, and it was just a Keurig.
Oh my, that makes me sad. We would have called for a drip pot - or for a large supply of k-cups, because we like to drink several cups of coffee each morning.

The resort studios at VGF have a different coffee maker. We didn’t really like it. Coffee was very weak.
We find the coffee made with the Joffrey's pods to be weak and unsatisfactory in general. That's why we bring our own grounds and filters and would request a drip pot if only a Keurig were in the villa.

Yes. The first resort studio we stayed at in 2022 had Joffrey Kcups. Okay coffee. Not great and made barely an 8 ounce cup. I brought 2 or 3 of the decaf extras home and they were fine in my bigger keuriq.

Fast forward to March 2024: resort studio had a small, individual coffee packet that was weak, sort of a flat pack. I had even brought Starbuck kcups with me, but couldn't use them in this machine. I just left the room and bought coffee.

On the dual machines, yes, but not at the same time, of course. I’d say probably do the drip pot first, then the k-cup so y’all can drink your coffee together.

For anyone reading this, note that not all DVC resorts have the dual coffee makers. They seem to be rolling them out gradually.
Great, thanks. DH tends to get up an hour or so before me, so he can make his coffee first, then I can have my decaf K-cup when I get up. We're going to Hilton Head next, and I'm pretty sure that the 1 BRs there have the dual machines.

If you have the kind I have mentioned, yes, you can each make the coffee you enjoy.

In DHHIR, after I made the pot, Tom still wanted a bit more coffee. He made a K cup amount for himself!

If you have the kind I have mentioned, yes, you can each make the coffee you enjoy.

In DHHIR, after I made the pot, Tom still wanted a bit more coffee. He made a K cup amount for himself!

Something I didn't report on back at the time: December 2023 I stayed overnight at HH one way going home from Disney. I had wanted to try to get a renovated studio but at that point very few were available so I didn't. While talking to the front desk CM's, I mentioned how much I enjoyed the Keurig duo in my renovated Boardwalk Studio.

A little later came a knock at my door with a CM delivering a brand new Keurig Duo and kcups to my room! HH CM's are the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter