Polynesian Resale Listings

No, but they are eligible for the add-on offer that is currently $17 per point at all active resorts. If The Poly tower starts at $239 PP, that brings it down to $222 per point. If DVC offers a "Welcome Home" offer similar to what they are offering at the Cabins, that could drop the per-point price on a 150-point contract down below $210 per point. Plus, if you're smart and have the right UY, you may just get those "double" points. Even if you aren't eligible for MB and they don't offer a "Welcome Home": discount (or exclude international buyers), you can still rent those puppies out at $15 PP for 150 points and you're back down to $207 PP ($239-$$17-$15). You'll still have current UY points to make that sweet, sweet Poly Tower reservation.

If you buy a resale contract at $205, it looks like most if not all of the contracts coming up for sale right now are stripped, so no "extra" points. Plus, you're going to be paying more in closing costs on a resale contract. Even an extra $600 in closing costs is $4 PP on that 150-point contract, so the effective price of the resale contract is closer to $210 PP. $210 PP is starting to get uncomfortably close to $222 PP, and if the additional non-MB discounts are offered then it's a wash.

I wish I could find the conversations here. I remember joking about people who were still buying VGF resale at the same price as Summer Incentives last year. Twice people responded about DVC not selling direct to their country due to timeshare laws there, but for some reason resale still worked? The direct offer brought VGF resale prices down so they felt it was still a good time to buy. I’m going off memory… pretty sure it was along those lines. I should’ve asked what country.

No, but they are eligible for the add-on offer that is currently $17 per point at all active resorts. If The Poly tower starts at $239 PP, that brings it down to $222 per point. If DVC offers a "Welcome Home" offer similar to what they are offering at the Cabins, that could drop the per-point price on a 150-point contract down below $210 per point. Plus, if you're smart and have the right UY, you may just get those "double" points. Even if you aren't eligible for MB and they don't offer a "Welcome Home": discount (or exclude international buyers), you can still rent those puppies out at $15 PP for 150 points and you're back down to $207 PP ($239-$$17-$15). You'll still have current UY points to make that sweet, sweet Poly Tower reservation.

If you buy a resale contract at $205, it looks like most if not all of the contracts coming up for sale right now are stripped, so no "extra" points. Plus, you're going to be paying more in closing costs on a resale contract. Even an extra $600 in closing costs is $4 PP on that 150-point contract, so the effective price of the resale contract is closer to $210 PP. $210 PP is starting to get uncomfortably close to $222 PP, and if the additional non-MB discounts are offered then it's a wash.

Just mentioned that in reference to those last year paying for VGF resale when direct wasn’t that much more. Plus, some international sellers must be on property to buy…resale doesn’t require that.

But I agree anyone buying PVB more than $180 right now should at least wait to see the pricing.

So its very interesting to me that the site which is listing the 200-215 pricing is also one of the sites that reports the monthly averages for DVC sales (DVC resale market). I feel like most of the other listing sites/agents are being more reasonable. I actually made a reasonable offer on one today and got a lecture on how "prices have skyrocketed" and that 180-200 is the going market. I obviously didn't agree 😂

Incidently they report the average for April to have been $158pp for PVB and that over the last year the pricing has been pretty consistent at between $148-$158pp. I'll be looking forward to their May update.

Latest DVC ROFR report indicates Disney going as high as 144 on a contract. Sweating a bit on mine, as I am waiting on the 139 pp I have to pass. I am hoping the International Seller protects me a bit.

La

Is it correct to say that although everything is pointing in that direction, we still don't know with absolute, 100% certainty, that these current resale PVB points will get 11 month access to the tower?

Is it correct to say that although everything is pointing in that direction, we still don't know with absolute, 100% certainty, that these current resale PVB points will get 11 month access to the tower?

I’m thinking very good chance it ends up just like VGF all one association with no differences. Just not 100% chance though.

What if they put 50% of the Tower same exact as existing PVB, and 50% where the use plan involves the Trust. This wouldn’t aggravate anybody because they’d have a chance to buy normal Poly, and the existing association would have points for the tower. But once those sold out, the choice would be Trust for Poly direct. And at that point there may be other things on the horizon that improve the look of the Trust. Something like Reflections added to CFW, plus Poly, maybe last 25% RIV, AUL… who knows? Then a Trust might start looking more attractive as well.

A couple of reasons on why the prices may be so high.

1) Some buyers already have a direct contract and the benefits that come with it. (Are there any further benefits if adding on direct vs resale?)
2) There will be a race for rooms when booking opens. Buying now may mean a faster timeline for closing and having points available than buying direct, depending on when direct sales open.

(Are there any further benefits if adding on direct vs resale?)
For someone who already has blue card - these are potential benefits:

Longer expiration date of blue card. A direct/grandfathered BCV owner gets extra 24yrs blue card thru PVB direct. If they are young or have younger family on contract, that’s a benefit.

Ability to use those points at restricted resorts. So far we only have RIV, VDH and CFW restricted. Direct Poly will be valid for decades and we just don’t know at this point how many new restricted resorts get added, and what difference those might make to future booking options. One theory is trading out may get harder around 2042. Maybe direct points greatly improve what’s available at 7 months.

DVD continues tweaking differences between direct/resale. As blue card members we struggled booking Wicked Wind Down and Moonlight Magic. They are not quite there yet but they could make certain things only eligible on dates when using direct point reservation. They already changed MM recently to no longer include all onsite stays for blue card, and BLT lounge reopened with no longer allow resale to access everything.

So… nothing major at this time. The future consequences could be much greater though. With Poly resale so high this season, I couldn’t pull the trigger unless direct. If I’m going to spend that much money I want to know I’m getting the full experience of my blue card and DVC ownership. FOMO lol. But I also don’t like risking that I regret buying resale, to later spend more money upgrading to direct than it would’ve cost me just to buy direct today instead.

I think it all depends on how many points you are going to buy. I have a big family that I travel with and frequently have between 10-12 people with me. So that means I need either 2 2beds or a grand villa to pack everyone in. So it makes sense for my situation to buy 150 direct to get the blue card but the rest at resale to save the upfront cost on the points. Since they should continue to work at the original resorts (and since my family is high maintenance and wants walking distance/monorail/no buses) the direct points are not as important.

For others who are traveling with a group that fits into a studio or 1bed then it makes sense to just get those points direct and call it a day.

It seems like there would be an outcry at this point if they made the tower into a separate association or the trust. They didn't have to imply so strongly that it would be in the original association - but now that they have - it would be bad press at the very least to change it and a possible lawsuit (not saying it would win, but it would be very bad publicity) to deal with if enough people were upset.

My wife and I are in the market for more points, but we are all over the place. We bought 220 Poly points via resale in 2022 for $149pp. We want at least another 80-150 points. My initial thought was to leverage the recent price increase in Poly resale to pocket some money and get close as close to 300 points via SSR or OKW-E resale.

We have an offer that hit our minimum ask, and now we are having second thoughts since my wife likes the idea of the new Tower and doesn’t like lopping off years of DVC for a cheaper but shorter DVC contract. However, we’re not thrilled about potential for an overtaxed PVB infrastructure.

My wife wants Riv access, but having never stayed there and without access, we have the option of just buying direct and doing magical beginnings or buying resale.

Somehow, within a week, I went from the idea of pocketing some cash via selling our Poly points and buying SSR to just buying RIV direct and doing magical beginnings.

We don’t need any points for 2024 or 2025.

Any suggestions or strategies are we welcome.

Last edited:
My wife and I are in the market for more points, but we are all over the place. We bought 220 Poly points via resale in 2022 for $149pp. We want at least another 80-150 points. My initial thought was to leverage the recent price increase in Poly resale to pocket some money and get close as close to 300 points via SSR or OKW-E resale.

We have an offer that hit our minimum ask, and now we are having second thoughts since my wife likes the idea of the new Tower and doesn’t like lopping off years of DVC for a cheaper but shorter DVC contract. However, we’re not thrilled about potential for an overtaxed PVB infrastructure.

My wife wants Riv access, but having never stayed there and without access, we have the option of just buying direct and doing magical beginnings or buying resale.

Somehow, within a week, I went from the idea of pocketing some cash via selling our Poly points and buying SSR to just buying RIV direct and doing magical beginnings.

We don’t need any points for 2024 or 2025.

Any suggestions or strategies are we welcome.

The infrastructure concerns for PVB are totally valid. Considering the proximity to Grand Floridian I'm less concerned about restaurant options but the Monorail is going to be ROUGH at peek times. It will be interesting to see how it impacts all of the hotels on the resort loop.

For sure Poly is at a peak for pricing. Once the direct points open for sale I would expect that the resale market goes back down to Earth, so your probably at or pretty close to max value for selling the points right now. But even after the market for Poly points is flooded with the direct sales inventory you should still have decent value in those points. It is still a monorail loop deluxe resort. There just isn't any physical space to build more walking or monorail resort rooms after this without tearing down/converting existing structures. Between that and ROFR you can bet that Disney won't let resale fall below the 145-150ish per point range anytime soon.

If your really considering Riviera (which I am not a fan of personally) I would wait to buy direct after PVB goes on sale. PVB will be the hot commodity and you will probably be able to get a better incentive deal on Riviera direct once there is more competition. To me - Riviera is not a great buy because of the resale restrictions. Unless you plan on holding the contract until it actually expires (2070) then you will not get a lot of value back on the those points. Your only option will be to rent points via reservation resales once you aren't using them anymore. OKW, AKV, SSR and even some BWV are all available for around the 100pp mark right now. I would consider any of those before Riviera - but that is just my opinion.

The crazy thing is that at these resale prices (especially for the smaller contracts) you're maybe better off buying PVB direct at $250. Not to mention that the Tower is likely to have incentives when it goes on sale.

With direct:

(1) You get last year's points without paying extra dues so that's worth $18-$22 per point in rental value with no extra cost. Or maybe you give up those points in exchange for a $20/pt rebate.

(2) You get unrestricted points that you can use to book Riviera, Cabins, VDH and potentially other resorts (perhaps BWV II, BCV II, BRV II post 2042). I'd pay at least $10/pt if I could add that feature to my 2060s expiration resale contracts for the life of the contract, but that's a subjective value and likely different to each person.

I'm a "resale person" but that choice is solely based on purchase price. I prefer to buy resale to save money, and I don't want to buy direct because I don't want the capital loss, even "on paper". But if the delta between resale and direct is "small enough" direct does look more attractive and has its advantages.

(1) You get last year's points without paying extra dues so that's worth $18-$22 per point in rental value with no extra cost. Or maybe you give up those points in exchange for a $20/pt rebate.

You won't get that advantage this go around. No points in 2024 unless you have a December use year (assuming it opens on time).

Last edited:
You won't get that advantage this go around. No points in 2024 unless you have a December use year (assuming it opens on time).

But couldn't you get a March 2025 use year and get the 2024 points?

Regardless of that, we visited the DVC booth at one of the resorts earlier this year and had a chat which evolved to something along the lines of "if you don't like the resale restrictions at RIV and are waiting for the Tower, we can sell you PVB now for $250/pt". As a direct purchase that would have come with prior year points and they even confirmed they could make it eligible for Magical beginnings even though I noted that the MB footnote only mentioned RIV, AUL, and VDH at the time. However, they didn't/couldn't confirm that the Tower will be in the same association and left it up to my own thoughts on the matter...

But couldn't you get a March 2025 use year and get the 2024 points?

It gets complicated. I’m gonna ask @Sandisw to explain how this went down at BPK.

Basically, they will sell the tower points first. You would be giving up potentially a lower price per point with incentives if you bought PVB direct now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter