Not ROFR thread - general discussion

Just have the broker write up the contract as if the points were already banked. It will be up to the seller to bank them and meet the contractual obligation. If you back out then they are fine. They can bank them once the 10 day window is over.

Not sure why Brokers complicate these buyer friendly requests.
I was wondering what the downside to the seller is of banking the points. Even if the deal fell through during the 10 days how would they be hurt for the next deal? Ultimately it seems to me that banking the points would be necessary for the next potential contract.

I was wondering what the downside to the seller is of banking the points. Even if the deal fell through during the 10 days how would they be hurt for the next deal? Ultimately it seems to me that banking the points would be necessary for the next potential contract.
Usually true. But some sellers might want to transfer or use the points themselves if the contract does not sell right away. When the 10 days are up the "current" purchaser seems more committed, some buyers do jump from contract to contract during that 10 days (especially newbies who are still sorting out use years and number of points wanted).

I have my first offer for SSR being ROFR at the moment and I'm happy with the price, points, etc ($92p loaded but sellers paying 2024 dues which I equated to $8/p bring me to $84/p.. don't pop my bubble if you see it differently please) but now I'm thinking of a possible second contract.

My husband and I had different views on which contract end date to pick so we ended up in the middle. I wanted CC because of the longer contract and he wanted OKW so we weren't committed for a longer period of time. We split the difference and ended up at SSR.

I'm a value resort girl but the kid is getting older and will probably settle down as she graduates grad school later this fall. That means grandkids and a larger room so DVC made sense to me (still had to convince him). We don't plan 11 months out.. very rarely plan 7 months out so I realize I'm most likely getting SSR and OKW. I'm 100% OK with that.

That said.. I'm looking at a possible second contract later in the year to add additional points and started doing a bit more research, reading the boards more, etc. and have a ton of questions. Feel free to answer as many or few as you would like :) I'd love to be educated!

On the "forless" site they give the deal "stars" and you can have very similar points, available points, and price per point but one is rated two stars while another is 4 stars. Other than UY, what else would drive the deal rating up?

I can't get over the price swing between resorts. If you take CC and review the current contracts for sale there is a $78 per point difference from highest to lowest. I know the number of points and if it is stripped or not make a difference but that is a huge swing.

Knowing we are good with SSR and OKW and we don't plan vacations very far out (I'm looking at 4th of July flights tonight) what am I missing by only considering SSR for additional points?

If I buy a 2nd contract with a different UY, as long as the points are loaded can I use them for a single booking?

Of the places that site aggregates into the single view - I'm assuming they are all tried and true brokers and the risk of being scammed is low? I messaged one a couple times because a contract I was interested in had different available points on their home screen vs when you clicked into the details. That was about 3 weeks ago and I still haven't heard back.

Some of these contracts have been on the site for LONG periods of time. In fact, one is 878 days as of today. Do you think these are valid contracts? Are the sellers firm on price or do you think they may have been firm on the price and now they are so old they don't get looked at? What would prevent them from relisting to get fresh eyes on them?

When you make an offer on a contract, what is your thought process? How are you making the decision on what to offer? It is the people pleaser in me that doesn't want to low-ball a seller. How do you get over that feeling? Again, I'm happy with my offer but I also in the back of my mind keep thinking what if I offered less since they accepted my first offer.

If something is showing as being listed for that long then it probably is not current. All of the resale websites will also have a tab for their “current listings” somewhere so if you are in doubt just double check if something is still active by checking it that way.

I have my first offer for SSR being ROFR at the moment and I'm happy with the price, points, etc ($92p loaded but sellers paying 2024 dues which I equated to $8/p bring me to $84/p.. don't pop my bubble if you see it differently please) but now I'm thinking of a possible second contract.
This is a good deal with 2024 points and if you mean it has its 2023 points it’s a great deal!
I'm a value resort girl but the kid is getting older and will probably settle down as she graduates grad school later this fall. That means grandkids and a larger room so DVC made sense to me (still had to convince him). We don't plan 11 months out.. very rarely plan 7 months out so I realize I'm most likely getting SSR and OKW. I'm 100% OK with that.
If you don’t currently plan more than 7m out and you doubt you ever will and you like SSR/OKW, I think you made an excellent choice. It is easy to get addicted to the convenience of some locations, but a lot of people love OKW and SSR and its stupid to pay a premium for location or theming if you like to book less than 7m in advance. I’ll answer the other questions I can, but be aware the moderators here don’t like us to discuss specific brokers without putting the whole website to see if the filter clears it.
I can't get over the price swing between resorts. If you take CC and review the current contracts for sale there is a $78 per point difference from highest to lowest. I know the number of points and if it is stripped or not make a difference but that is a huge swing.
Most of the highest prices have been sitting there a long time and probably aren’t going to sell (could be owners content to rent who believe (IMO incorrectly) that the ROFR will bring back 2022 prices any day now. Conversely, the lowest prices often move quickly (assuming not stripped).
Knowing we are good with SSR and OKW and we don't plan vacations very far out (I'm looking at 4th of July flights tonight) what am I missing by only considering SSR for additional points?
Only your own possible future preferences changing…some of the other resorts (BLT/CCV) are not much more expensive than the resorts you’re focused on once you consider dues and contract life, and you can rent/transfer those points easier at a higher value (and I suspect that trend will hold true in the future).
If I buy a 2nd contract with a different UY, as long as the points are loaded can I use them for a single booking?
No, this the biggest headache with multiple use years. You have to book them separately and you can request the reservations be “linked” with a request (but NOT a guarantee) to stay in the same room. This has two major downsides: (1) possibly being roomless from 11AM to 4PM if request isn’t honored and (2) can’t book all your Disney dining and activities for full length of stay.

When you make an offer on a contract, what is your thought process? How are you making the decision on what to offer? It is the people pleaser in me that doesn't want to low-ball a seller. How do you get over that feeling? Again, I'm happy with my offer but I also in the back of my mind keep thinking what if I offered less since they accepted my first offer.
I posted my thought process on the boards if you'd like to read it. I had a similar hiccup with my husband and 2042 resorts. https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ffer-accepted-how-i-made-my-decision.3945274/
Spreadsheets for equating total cost and total cost per year is extremely helpful in seeing things in numbers, often lower price per point does yield a lower overall savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter