Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

I’m not surprised they are having to cap the incentives. People were eating this stuff up. Waiting until the end of the promotion period to see if there would be a better deal was not the move.
Interestingly my guide advertised OKW to me as a special "limited flash sale" in his email blasts over the past few weeks. He told me I could wait on Riv, but to hop on OKW if I was seriously interested. Makes sense given the aggressive pricing and limited points available.

Clearly flipping 2042 to 2057 contracts is the strategy here. It’s good they are putting a floor on the 2042 contracts - those ones going for $69/point were just stupid.
I don’t think they’re buying back to set a floor, I think they’re buying back because they’re running out of salable points.

I don’t think they’re buying back to set a floor, I think they’re buying back because they’re running out of salable points.
I agree they don’t care about price floor—but they could be equally motivated to flip 2042 expirations into 2057 even if they aren’t making a major profit. It does make me wonder what their median sale price point is if they are buying back contracts for resale…

If they extended the Epcot 42s I would say goodbye Poly, hello Beach Club. Maybe goodbye to AKV too for more BCV 😂
I have very very very slim hopes that they might extend one 5-15 years to raise capital to pay for the other, and then let the first one renovated/rebuilt sell out before bringing the other to market…but I believe @Sandisw suggested that instead they could move them to a joint trust and do construction in various stages by sell it all upfront?

The current deal for members is depending upon how many points are bought. For 300 pts the discount is $70 per point ($205 - $70 = $135). Then you can give back the 2023 points for $20 per point credit. That brings the per point cost to $115 per point
That sounds like a really good deal. We purchased an additional 175 SSR points on the resale market in late 2022. The price back then was $120.00 per point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter