Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

There is a specific reason the prices are slightly higher at CRS. They are run by a third party company and not by Disney.

Dave
Yes, I know. The poster had said "My only concern is the potential of over inflated conference driven prices, holisticly..... especially on the food/drink end." That is exactly what is happening.

That's why I was showing they are not typical Disney prices, like one had mentioned. They can charge more because they are a third party and convention crowds have no choice in accommodations so they have a captive customer.

The food is more expensive at CSR, definitely. Compare the breakfast/dinner entrees at El Mercado to the same at other resorts, even deluxe level, and CSR is higher.

CSR prices
View attachment 860798View attachment 860799

POFQ prices
View attachment 860800View attachment 860801

$2-3 bucks difference per meal/person on a family of 4 adds up quickly.
Interesting! Admittedly my experiences with Disney resort food courts and el Mercado have all been lousy so I don’t touch any of them if I don’t have to.

Which got me wondering about what I do hit up to have the comparison in my head? coffee shop, pool bar, casual TS. Barcelona lounge is a bit cheaper on my morning coffee drinks, pool bar drink is the same price (food is definitely more expensive than at hurricane hanahas but I don’t tend to eat at the CSR pool) Casual TS ranges were fairly similar.

Yes, I know. The poster had said "My only concern is the potential of over inflated conference driven prices, holisticly..... especially on the food/drink end." That is exactly what is happening.

That's why I was showing they are not typical Disney prices, like one had mentioned. They can charge more because they are a third party and convention crowds have no choice in accommodations so they have a captive customer.
Conventioneers certainly have a choice of accommodations. You’re not held captive with an obligation to stay where it’s held. It’s a matter of convenience.

Conventioneers certainly have a choice of accommodations. You’re not held captive with an obligation to stay where it’s held. It’s a matter of convenience.
Often, I do not. My company requires me to stay where conventions are contracted and sometimes arranges evening gatherings/activities/networking at the location as well.

Even when there is a choice, during the day we are pretty much captive to that site and food options as lunch time is very limited and getting offsite, eating, and back can't be done within time constraints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter