Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

For everyone's amusement: during today's call to Disney to bother them about BB rates (I leave tomorrow for FL and arrive at Disney on Sunday after a couple of days with family), there was a water view room (non-CL) at BWI. I snagged it, but then they gave me the total; I was only saving $300 for the 3 days. I hung up, and within 2 minutes, I was all, "WHAT HAVE I DONE?" So I called back and got my WV CL YC room back. The CM was laughing so hard at me. Shameful approach to my finances. As usual, I blame all of you.
One of us! One of us! :thumbsup2

Have any of my fellow club level aficionados stayed in the Nantucket Suite at Beach Club recently? I have it booked for a week this summer. We haven't stayed at BC in a long time and never in this suite. On the BC/YC thread two different posters have posted terrible room experiences this week alone. Both had very dirty rooms and mechanical issues which the front desk and/or management failed to address. One poster even said that the general manager spoke to them in a condescending manner. At the price point for this suite, I expect to waltz in and find everything to my high standards, clean, and fully functional. There is only one, so obviously no where equivalent to move us to if there are issues. Am I setting myself up for disappointment? This is a 40th anniversary splurge. If this is a risky accommodations choice I would rather switch us to another resort now before our 60 day window opens for booking cabanas, dining, and experiences. Thank you in advance for opinions and insight.

Have any of my fellow club level aficionados stayed in the Nantucket Suite at Beach Club recently? I have it booked for a week this summer. We haven't stayed at BC in a long time and never in this suite. On the BC/YC thread two different posters have posted terrible room experiences this week alone. Both had very dirty rooms and mechanical issues which the front desk and/or management failed to address. One poster even said that the general manager spoke to them in a condescending manner. At the price point for this suite, I expect to waltz in and find everything to my high standards, clean, and fully functional. There is only one, so obviously no where equivalent to move us to if there are issues. Am I setting myself up for disappointment? This is a 40th anniversary splurge. If this is a risky accommodations choice I would rather switch us to another resort now before our 60 day window opens for booking cabanas, dining, and experiences. Thank you in advance for opinions and insight.

A friend was there in 2022 (https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-64101211), but not since the mini-refresh. I did stay in a 2BR suite a handful of months ago that I didn't love - I think we may have been the first people in the room since the refresh and it had been sitting motionless (with the picky BC/YC HVAC sensors) just letting the paint fumes cook. There was also some remnants of tape on the curtain rod which I assume was from the soft refurb. Don't get me wrong, it was not close to needing to get management involved, but not exactly perfect (worth noting I have a medium to high tolerance for things when traveling - it has to be getting pretty bad before I'll say something, just my nature).

The BC and YC suites are just sort of weird - I've said this before but whatever the architects were going for at the time seems off by today's standards. That said, the specialty suites like Nantucket are certainly the best there. And you're steps away from CL CMs if needed.

I've never really felt the warm and fuzzies from Mousekeeping staff at YC/BC - can't really articulate why and it may be a really unfair observation on my part, but it's the impression I get when staying there.

I do think staying in a suite and expecting perfection may be a tall order for WDW. Although I was at Four Seasons recently and found a half-drunk coffee cup in the cupboard, so nothing is perfect. :confused3

While BC CL isn't necessarily on the top of my list (offerings had been trending downward for a bit in my humble opinion), the CL CMs were delightful and working hard every time I was around. And pushing mimosas. 8-)

Again, maybe not a fair comment as I don't stay BC or YC frequently enough to say this as fact, but not sure I see a management presence much there.

YC/BC has had some GM turnover in the past year, for whatever that is worth.

Tough call on your end - I think there are 'better' WDW suite experiences around but perhaps not so much I'd go and overhaul plans? I mean, it's the second best suite in the building, hard to really mess it up too bad. :-) (Don't come find me if that turns out to be terrible advice!) I think for me with a milestone birthday it's also about what else you want to be doing around property - so if a walkable Epcot resort fits that bill, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Sorry for the probably not helpful ramble.

One poster even said that the general manager spoke to them in a condescending manner.
Not quite @Sajchinook2015 only spoke to the manager that was on duty based on the quote below. I would suggest asking for the email address of the General Manager to share the concerns and forward pictures.
Then went to talk to a manager. Never again. She was so condescending. I asked to be moved but since i booked the deluxe room i coukd not be moved.

The issue about alternate accommodations not being available may have lead to a more contentious discussion. Don't know just thinking out loud here. There were no major issues with the Deluxe room it just not meet the standards that @Sajchinook2015 was expecting. The vent in the bathroom is not something that housekeeping cleans. I have seen maintenance use a small ladder to reach it for cleaning / repair.

I just don't know why it would take 3 days to get light bulbs replaced unless there was a communication issue about an electrical issue vs light bulbs.

If this is a risky accommodations choice I would rather switch us to another resort now before our 60 day window opens for booking cabanas, dining, and experiences. Thank you in advance for opinions and insight.
I would suggest you check if Suites are available at the Boardwalk Inn. The Sonora VP suite is great and is only about 5 rooms from the lounge. You can't reserve a Cabana at the BW but you are still in the Crescent lake area.

Dave

So I just may get to go again this summer. I have ods on board. Just have to work on my youngest. If he's in dh will have to agree lol. The Halloween party in August won him over. I do have a bounceback (non cl) booked but it's not the dates we would go. If I get everyone on board I will call and switch or book the summer promo. Bwi currently has availability. 🤞 it comes together. Next summer will be universal for my youngest's HS graduation. It shouldn't be this hard convincing kids to go to Disney lol.

A friend was there in 2022 (https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-64101211), but not since the mini-refresh. I did stay in a 2BR suite a handful of months ago that I didn't love - I think we may have been the first people in the room since the refresh and it had been sitting motionless (with the picky BC/YC HVAC sensors) just letting the paint fumes cook. There was also some remnants of tape on the curtain rod which I assume was from the soft refurb. Don't get me wrong, it was not close to needing to get management involved, but not exactly perfect (worth noting I have a medium to high tolerance for things when traveling - it has to be getting pretty bad before I'll say something, just my nature).

The BC and YC suites are just sort of weird - I've said this before but whatever the architects were going for at the time seems off by today's standards. That said, the specialty suites like Nantucket are certainly the best there. And you're steps away from CL CMs if needed.

I've never really felt the warm and fuzzies from Mousekeeping staff at YC/BC - can't really articulate why and it may be a really unfair observation on my part, but it's the impression I get when staying there.

I do think staying in a suite and expecting perfection may be a tall order for WDW. Although I was at Four Seasons recently and found a half-drunk coffee cup in the cupboard, so nothing is perfect. :confused3

While BC CL isn't necessarily on the top of my list (offerings had been trending downward for a bit in my humble opinion), the CL CMs were delightful and working hard every time I was around. And pushing mimosas. 8-)

Again, maybe not a fair comment as I don't stay BC or YC frequently enough to say this as fact, but not sure I see a management presence much there.

YC/BC has had some GM turnover in the past year, for whatever that is worth.

Tough call on your end - I think there are 'better' WDW suite experiences around but perhaps not so much I'd go and overhaul plans? I mean, it's the second best suite in the building, hard to really mess it up too bad. :-) (Don't come find me if that turns out to be terrible advice!) I think for me with a milestone birthday it's also about what else you want to be doing around property - so if a walkable Epcot resort fits that bill, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Sorry for the probably not helpful ramble.
It was actually a very helpful ramble. Thank you :)
Maybe not in terms of helping me decide but in putting it in perspective.
BC isn't our favorite either. We mostly find ourselves on the monorail loop with Contemporary being our current favorite. We love the suites there, in the tower and in the garden wing. I was trying to shake things up a little. We want to spend a lot of time in World Showcase on this particular trip. It's also going to be hot so we wanted an easy way to go back and forth between WS and our room. Plus, this suite was just sitting there available for our exact dates. Although, maybe there's a reason for that?

You make a good point about not hoping for perfection. I guess I meant Disney Perfection, which pretty much means I turn a blind eye to most small negative nuisances until they pile up too much to ignore, which is rare. I hate complaining on vacation and prefer to wear my rose colored glasses at all times. I do like things clean though.

I did have my own experience of being first in a newly refreshed room, at BWI. It wasn't good, so I know what you mean on that. It sounds nice in theory, like moving into a brand new house. Yeah- that wasn't exactly seamless the two times we did it either.

Appreciated your Four Season's comment, and yes I have read your comments about the YC/BC suites being "weird". You have put me off the idea of anything with turret in it's name :)
Thanks for your reply!

@Crescent_Lake - Was just re-reading my 2022 post where I complimented them on having full size bottles of shampoo/conditioner and other toiletries you don't often see. Not sure if they are still doing that, I don't think my 2BR had them, but I need to go check pics.
Haha okay! I hope that wasn't the highlight. I don't use Disney toiletries. I'm too particular about my hair and skin. My DH likes the club level mouthwash though!

Not quite @Sajchinook2015 only spoke to the manager that was on duty based on the quote below. I would suggest asking for the email address of the General Manager to share the concerns and forward pictures.

The issue about alternate accommodations not being available may have lead to a more contentious discussion. Don't know just thinking out loud here. There were no major issues with the Deluxe room it just not meet the standards that @Sajchinook2015 was expecting. The vent in the bathroom is not something that housekeeping cleans. I have seen maintenance use a small ladder to reach it for cleaning / repair.

I just don't know why it would take 3 days to get light bulbs replaced unless there was a communication issue about an electrical issue vs light bulbs.

I would suggest you check if Suites are available at the Boardwalk Inn. The Sonora VP suite is great and is only about 5 rooms from the lounge. You can't reserve a Cabana at the BW but you are still in the Crescent lake area.

Dave
Thanks Dave! You're right. I just got nervous because it's a big splurge and we're already a little out of our comfort zone staying at BC as we lately prefer monorail resorts.

We really disliked our last stay at BWI, but it was a cottage, and we got covid. We were miserable so I have that association. Also- I have never, ever seen the Sonora available for more than a few days. Maybe I'll stalk it a bit. Thanks again.

Has anyone done HS after hours? Is it worth it? Debating park days vs after hours and Halloween party. If we did after hours we would just lounge all day or just AK in the morning. My family isn't park commandos. Last Halloween party we got there an hour before the party and didn't stay until the end🙄 my kids love HS and are big Star Wars nuts.

Has anyone done HS after hours? Is it worth it? Debating park days vs after hours and Halloween party. If we did after hours we would just lounge all day or just AK in the morning. My family isn't park commandos. Last Halloween party we got there an hour before the party and didn't stay until the end🙄 my kids love HS and are big Star Wars nuts.

We went sometime last year. It was fun. I’m not sure if it was worth it for the $ for our family of four (starts to get pricey!), but it’s not like we had a bad time. I incorrectly thought some of our favorite DHS things like Baseline Taphouse would be open, but they’re not. Not many places to get a beverage frankly. I was rusty on after hours events and hadn’t done my research. 😂

We didn’t stay the whole time but we’re not necessarily park commando types.

I’d do it again but it wasn’t some slam dunk “gotta do it again” thing for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter