Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

The last 2 times I stayed there (June and October 2023) - I thought the safe didn’t work. I entered a pin like I had in the past but would always get an error code - never called about it not working but I did see where there a request for a cc, but wasn’t interested enough to try to pay for it so I didn’t use it.

Just got back from a great week at AoA. Maybe I missed this, but when did they start charging you to use the in-room safe?
Returned yesterday from a stay in a Finding Nemo suite, used the safe, and did not pay for it. It was a normal, 4-digit code type of hotel safe.

We were in a Cars suite and the pin pad mechanism even had a credit card stripe reader built in. I just assumed it was going to charge me something to create a pin, but didn't give it a try.

UPDATE: I called Guest Services and they confirmed that some rooms have an option to use a credit card in lieu of a regular PIN code for the safe. So @bluezy was correct. If I had spent more than 30 seconds looking at it, I probably would have figured that out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter